Ford’s exclusive, high profile performance lineup rollout event powered by a custom web app, proximity based AP integration, custom live blogging platform, and on-site presentation tech.
The North American International Auto Show begins with a “press preview” day. In 2015 Ford announced their performance lineup including the all new Ford GT super car. Each year Ford holds a special keynote event on opening day to make the announcements. Following the event, attendees (made up of writers and the press) are brought back to Ford’s area at the Auto Show to continue the experience and learn more. This event is called “Behind the Blue Oval”. Wifi, charging stations, food and more keynotes are held throughout the day.
We created a web-based companion experience to enhance the informational displays and encourage social sharing. The website reacted to your proximity to a real-world display and pushed additional content about it, along with sharing options.
- Live-blogged keynote announcements
- Oversaw installation and configuration of onsite Meraki wifi network
- Worked with event coordinators to implement
- Designed and implemented event micro-site
- Wrote captive portal flow
- Wrote geo-aware system that pushed content as a dynamic “tour guide”
- Facilitated dev-ops for giant “content wall” publishing